Institute of Liver & Biliary Sciences
Applications are invited for the following contractual posts in Project
“Empowering People Against Hepatitis: The Empathy Campaign” (ILBS – AAI Initiative)
The interested candidates who fulfil the qualifications/eligibility criteria are advised to send their application form/CV along with the documents mentioned in General Instructions latest by 16th May 2019 by Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Empathy Resource Centre, 5th Floor, Phase 2 building, Institute of Liver & Biliary Sciences (ILBS), D-1, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi – 110070.
Job Location: The Empathy Resource Centre,Institute of Liver & Biliary Sciences (ILBS), D-1, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi – 110070
1- LAB TECHNICIAN (No. of Post = 1 (UR))
Consolidated Remuneration per month: Rs. 35,000-40,000/-
Eligibility Criteria/Qualification and Experience
1. 12th class in Science and
2. B.Sc. Diploma in Medical Laboratory
1. 2 – 3 years in laboratory /clinical work;
2. Computer Skills viz. familiarity with word processing and standard applications
- Facilitating in creating UHID for every person
- Collecting blood samples from the camps and placing all the samples in the lab after the camp
- Testing blood samples for Hepatitis B and C
- Facilitate with IT department to communicate the results to the people
- Perform laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations
- Carry out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses
- Prepare specimens and samples
- Construct, maintain and operate standard laboratory equipment, for example centrifuges, titrators, pipetting machines and pH meters
- Keep equipment in a clean and serviceable condition and ensure the safe removal of waste
- Record and interpret results and seek guidance from senior lab technician wherever required
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced and that everything is clearly and correctly labelled
- Follow and ensure strict safety procedures and safety check
Age Limit: 35 Years
Duration: 12 months
2- COUNSELLOR (NO. of Post = 3 (UR))
Consolidated Remuneration per month: Rs. 30,000– Rs. 40,000
Eligibility Criteria/Qualification and Experience:
1.Graduate in Social Science/ Anthropology/ Psychology/ Sociology etc. from a recognized university with at least one year of experience from a recognized institute or Master degree in Social Science/ Anthropology/ Psychology/ Sociology
1. Should have Master’s degree in social work, clinical psychology, anthropology or public health
2. Should have sound knowledge of patient counselling and on viral hepatitis
3. Should have previous experience of patient counselling. For example- HIV patient counselling
1. Educate patients/groups about viral hepatitis.
2. Meeting with patients to discuss and counsel about their emotional, mental or lifestyle issues.
3. Acting as a facilitator for group counseling sessions
4. Do family counseling
5. Do regular follow ups with patients regarding their treatment adherence and next visit plan
6. Discussing patients desired goals and outcomes and motivate them for regular monitoring and adherence to the treatment.
7. Providing relevant information or resources specific to the patient’s needs and illness.
8. Assisting patients to set goals and adopt strategies to address their health issues.
9. Liasoning with healthcare professionals for issues on viral hepatitis
10. Address the patient challenges to the project team from time to time
Age Limit: 45 Years
Duration: 12 Months
“Empowering People against Hepatitis: The Empathy Campaign: The Project funded by Airports Authority of India aims to generate awareness on Hepatitis B and C across India through sustained advocacy and tailored behavior change communication for developing and promoting positive behaviors for people with hepatitis and their families.
- All appointments under the project shall be on “contract basis”. Depending upon the budget and further assignment requirements, the contract may be extended.
- The candidate must satisfy him/herself of the eligibility conditions before applying.The above vacancies are subject to change and the project Empathy reserves the right whether or not to fill up any post. No appeal will be entertained or accepted. It would not be obligatory on the part of the Institute to call for Interview every candidate who possesses the essential qualification and no representation in this regard will be entertained from any candidate.
- Job Location for the post of counsellor would be based at ILBS, New Delhi. Study co-ordinators and social workers would be based out of New Delhi, Chandigarh, Maharashtra (Pune), Andhra Pradesh (Vishakhapatnam), North East (Imphal) and Gujarat (Surat). Preference would be given to local people. Language proficiency (read and write) in Hindi, Punjabi, Marathi, Manipuri, Telugu and Gujrati is a must.
- The effective date for reckoning the requisite qualification and experience and the upper age limit will be 31st March 2019
- The interested candidates who fulfil the qualifications/eligibility criteria are advised to send their application form/CV latest by 10th May 2019 by email at email@example.com or by post at Empathy Resource Centre, 5th Floor, Phase 2 building, Institute of Liver & Biliary Sciences (ILBS), D-1, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi – 110070 along with the documents mentioned below:
- Passport size photographs
- Proof of date of birth
- Self-attested copy of educational qualifications
- Self-attested copy of working experience
- Self-attested copy of publications if applicable
- Details of two references (name, address & mobile no)
- Letter of two references
- Applications forms incomplete in any way or not having required educational/experience certificates and latest photo affixed will be rejected without intimation. The date of joining of selected candidates and other conditions will be as per the policy defined under the project.
- No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding postal delay, conduct and result of test/interview and reasons for not being called for test/interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. No TA/DA will be provided for interview.
- All applications received will be screened by the Screening Committee of experts as per the Recruitment Rule of each post.
- The project Empathy reserves the right to offer salary lower than the advertised, depending upon the qualification, experience and performance of the candidate in the interview.
- In the case of exceptionally deserving candidates, the project Empathy reserves the right of granting relaxation in experience or age.
- The salary fixation for the post done by selection committee is final and binding on the candidate.
- The project Empathy reserves the right not to fill up the advertised post if the candidates are not found suitable for the post.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of letter of appointment, the Institute reserves the right to modify/ withdraw/ cancel any communication made to the candidate.
- The project Empathy reserves the right of rejecting any or all the applications without assigning reason thereof.
- Working knowledge of Computer is essential for the said post.
- Medical Checkup and Character Verification/ background check would be carried out of the selected candidate as per the Policy of the Institute. In case of adverse report, the selection of the candidate would be null and void.
- In case of any Dispute the jurisdiction of court will be Delhi/ New Delhi only